The Town's newest park is a 51+ acre multi-use facility featuring "green" elements including solar panels, permeable pavers, LED lighting, bioswales/rain gardens, and natural light in the restrooms.
Businesses must apply and pay an hourly fee to use McFee Park in a for-profit capacity.
Park Facilities Include:
- Lighted Playground
- Lighted Walk Trails (1/2-mile loop)
- Splash Pad
- Two Lighted Rectangular Fields
- Field 1 (195' x 330') Bermuda - Due to the proximity to and orientation of the walking trails, this field is not available for lacrosse use.
- Field 2 (75' x 120') Bermuda - Due to the proximity to and orientation of the walking trails, this field is not available for lacrosse use. This field has no goals.
- Two Picnic Pavilions
- Small Pavilion - Covered, seats 126 at 13 tables, electricity, grill, located near playground
- Large Pavilion - Covered, seats 200 at 17 tables, electricity, grill, located near restrooms
- Two Restrooms
Approved 2017 Master Plan
Future facilities include:
- Racquet court area with 6 tennis courts, 4 pickleball courts, hitting wall and restroom
- Destination playground – geared for older children and young teens
- Dog park – both large and small dog areas
- Amphitheater with restroom/storage and a small meeting or preparation room
- Disc golf course (18 wooded holes) with small pavilion
- Large lawn area for events, etc. with two pavilions and restrooms
- Maintenance building
- Additional small pavilion and small lawn area near splashpad
- Additional parking – net gain of approximately 230 spaces
- Additional ADA walking trails
- Additional natural (challenge) walking trails
- Variety of open picnic table locations throughout the park
The new and expanded splash pad at McFee Park opened in June 2016, making it the largest public splash pad in the greater Knoxville area! The splash pad encompasses a nature theme and includes unique spray elements such as flowers, animals, geysers, misters and a water journey labyrinth area with creeks, flood plains and cascades perfect for toddlers.
If the splash pad is not working properly or other problems arise, please contact the Parks and Leisure Services Department weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 218-3375 or during evenings/weekends at 679-1021.
In the event of an emergency, call 911 - the splash pad address is 917 McFee Road.
The splash pad is open through the last weekend in September from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week. The splash pad may close daily from 2 to 3 p.m. for maintenance. Please understand that when you rent a pavilion at McFee Park, you are not renting the splash pad, and we cannot guarantee the splash pad will be running.
Splash Pad Rules
- Most importantly, PLEASE HAVE FUN and MAKE IT A SPLASH!
- The splash pad is NOT supervised. Play at your OWN RISK. Adult Supervision is RECOMMENDED.
- Water in the splash pad is chlorinated and recirculates through a filtration system. For your safety, please DO NOT drink the water.
- DO NOT climb, hang, swing or pull on any of the splash pad equipment.
- Proper swim attire is required.
- Swim diapers are REQUIRED.
- DO NOT change diapers on or near the splash pad.
- NO skateboards, bicycles, athletic equipment, rollerblades, balls or swimming pool toys are allowed in the splash pad area.
- NO glass.
- Dogs/pets are NOT allowed in the splash pad or playground areas, except for service animals.
- Splash pad may be CLOSED at any time due to weather, maintenance or other operational concerns.
McFee Park Map
McFee Park Rules
McFee Park Athletic Fields Calendar
McFee Park Pavilion Rentals